In an effort to support long-term player development, Route 2 Athletics' approach to baseball instruction is guided by core values of health, integrity, and teamwork. The mission of Route 2 Athletics is to prepare baseball players of all ages learn the game, embrace the organization's core values, and reach their full potential. Route 2 staff members take a dedicated and purposeful approach to teaching baseball fundamentals and building upon player skills to support the game at the youth level in surrounding areas as well as attainment of personal goals.
Training options include private and small group instruction, camps, clinics, and competitive travel teams. In addition, we offer tailor-made programs for local youth baseball programs to target specific priorities for skill development or comprehensive foundational training.
With exception of off-site games and tournaments, all programs are offered at our indoor facility located at 30 Park Ave., Arlington, MA (connected to True Fitness – formerly Gold’s Gym).
Our Arlington facility features six 30-foot subdivided cages with the ability to throw two 60’ 6" bullpens. We offer private and group lessons, small clinics, town baseball/softball organization clinics, team practices and cage rentals at this facility.
Annual memberships and lesson packs are available for members to take advantage of discounted rates for cage rental and lessons.
- Provide high quality instruction
- Provide players with opportunities to learn, and regularly improve, their baseball/softball skills
- Foster an environment that allows each player to grow physically, mentally and socially
- Ensure players focus on consistent hard work and are striving to become better players
- Build character while building a solid baseball/softball foundation
- Partner with surrounding youth baseball/softball organization
- Prepare each player to compete successfully at the high school level and beyond
- Assist players with college recruiting and selection process
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment
- Focus on the fundamentals
- Teach players how to play the game the right way
- Promote team success above individual goals and successes
- Provide honest feedback at all times
- Be a positive role model for our athletes
- Provide clear communication with players and their families